Monday, June 23, 2008

I think we did it

Yes, Xander has had a couple of accidents but more often than not he's been doing his duty in the toilet. Praise the Lord, I think he's got it.
In celebration we're going to start on the three year old in a week and a half. Cause why not make me cry in frustration again?
This weekend, Xander and I are going to pick out special big boy underwear (Transformers, Ironman and whatever else he wants). He gets that the ones with characters don't like getting wet or dirty. He's kept his Superman ones amazingly clean.

And that is how sad my life is. I'm excited because my child is finally doing something as simple as using the toilet. Oh, what motherhood does to a person.

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

Good luck! Leo is probably more ready than I am--he's mostly in pullups during the day at school, but still diapers at home. Whenever he asks for a pullup we tell him he has to tell us when he has to go potty, but he doesn't. I think it works at school because they mostly have the potty trips scheduled into the day (and extras as necessary), so he knows to expect it.

Anne Marie Leake said...

YEAH for potty training. After your experience though....this doesn't sound like fun. Well,hope you find some fun underpants:)