Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My boys are growing up

And here is the latest evidence (Ryker's twin bed):


Now I am not silly enough to think that this wasn't going to happen. I'm fully aware that it was going to happen sooner or later. I figured I could put it off until he was 3. But no. He wanted to sleep in our bed or Xander's bed. So I've consented and we've had fewer issues since it got put up on Thursday. Jason likes to tell me that he was right and Ryker wants to be a big boy like Xander, BUT seriously he's my BABY!
And he's helping clean off the table and set the table and I'm completely unprepared for any of this. On the upside, I'm hoping that this means he'll be easier to potty train than Xander has been.
Fortunately, I'm on vacation this week and I am relaxing and trying not to pay attention to the fact that in addition to these new Ryker tendancies, Xander's grown like a foot. (Well maybe not literally but he's definitely getting taller).
I also finally got down to IL to see my friend and her twin boys. Wow, does she have her hands full. I got to have one sleep on me and while I loved it, I'm glad that my boys are older. Which just goes to show how crazy I am. I like them being older and more independent but I so miss the snuggling sleeping babies they used to be. Call me crazy but I'm just a mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, since you're on vacation you'll have the chance to do my silly quiz - you have been tagged...

http://sturm.typepad.com/sturm_hause/2007/08/me-me-me.html

:^) H

Heather said...

Oh, and the bed is adorable - Otto would love it, too. His favorite t-shirts all have lightening mcqueen on them (go figure).